This episode is one of those that talks about stuff you as a human do all the time but aren't all that aware of or use different words to describe it. My guest this time is James Gross who is the worlds leading researcher in Emotion Regulation. Through the podcast we chat about:
- What are emotions?
- What is emotion regulation?
- The 5 families of emotion regulation strategies
- Examples of what people do within each of those families
- How emotion regulation can be extrinsic (where others use these strategies with/for/to you to 'help' you regulate your emotions) and intrinsic (where you use them with your own emotions)
- What the workplace and individuals can learn from emotion regulation
This was a great episode to record!!!! My inner geek was super excited
Links to all the research papers that James mentions at approx 52 minutes
The 'Emotion and Self Regulation Lab' where Gal Sheppes works that James mentions at approx 56 minutes
The project that Angela Duckworth is working on that I mention at approx 58 minutes
More from James:
Follow us on Instagram for exclusive Podcast updates! https://www.instagram.com/emotionatworkpodcast/
Learn more about Emotion at Work: https://www.emotionatwork.co.uk
Connect with Phil: https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-willcox-02013425/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.